Root Poco F1 : Poco F1 , the Cheapest Smartphone in India to be powered by Snapdragon 845 Processor. It comes with a 6.18-inch FHD+ display with a notch on top and aspect ratio of 19:9 . The display of the smartphone is also protected by 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Chipset and Upto 8GB RAM options. The device also gets some great features like LiquidCool technology which offers heat dissipation while gaming.
Poco F1 runs its customised version of Xiaomi’s MIUI with Android 8.1 oreo and upgradable to Android P. It comes with a Poco launcher, a turbocharged engine and also promises faster updates in future. It also supports app drawer and UI customisations. Many People are not happy with the MIUI so if you are one of those and planning to install custom rom in your device then first you have to root poco f1. In this Pos We are going to tell you ” How to Root Poco F1 , Unlock Bootloader and Install Twrp recovery without Pc “.
MyGadgetReviewer.com will not be responsible for Dead SD Cars , Bricked Devices or any other Mishappening with your device. Perform all the steps at your own risk. All these steps are tried and tested on our Device and we have got 100% success at the first time of rooting. Rooting your device is not such a difficult task in very rare cases you may face problem. Its a very easy tutorial and 99% of Users have successfully rooted their smartphone through our Blog.
Pros of Rooting Xiaomi Poco F1
⦁ Your Xiaomi Poco F1 will Perform faster .
⦁ Great Software Experience .
⦁ RAM will occupy very Less Space
⦁ Increased Battery Life
Cons of Rooting Poco F1
⦁ Device wil be less secured
⦁ Warranty may be void
⦁ If you are first timer , you may brick your device.
How to Root poco f1
- A Windows PC.
- Mi Unlock Tool: Download (Source)
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Installation is shown in link)
- ADB USB Drivers (Installation is shown in link)
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 4: Download
- SuperSU v2.78: Download
Poco f1 Root Procedures
- Unlocking Bootloader: First you will need to unlock bootloader which will allow you to install custom recovery in your device.
- Installing TWRP : After Unlocking bootloader, you have to install twrp recovery which will allow you to root your device and install custom ROM as well.
- Rooting the device : After installing twrp, you have to install SUPERSU Zip file which will be used to root your device.
Root poco f1 by Installing supersu
- Step 1. Download the SuperSu.zip file , and tranfer it to the internal storage of the device.
- Step 2. After that boot into twrp recovery.
- Step 3. After booting to twrp recovery, tap on install and Select the SuperSu.zip file which you have saved in internal storage.
- Step 4. After the installation is completed, Clear Dalvik cache and Cache by tapping wipe section in twrp recovery.
How to unlock Xiaomi poco f1 Bootloader
- Step 1. First you have to go on MiUnlock website then Sign in with your Mi ID and request to unlock bootloader and select the reason for which you are unlocking the bootloader of the device.
- Step 2. Second thing you have to do is , sign in with the same Mi ID account which was used in step 1 and log in with your device.
- Step 3. After that , You Have to launch the “MiFlashUnlock.exe” file as an Administrator
- Step 4. Now Extract the Mi Flash Unlock tool in your Windows Pc.
- Step 5. After extracting the file, you will see an message “Device not connected” after that switch off your device then, you need to open fastboot mode in your device , Opening the fastboot mode you have to Press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button at the same time, then you will see “fastboot mode” screen in your device ,after that release the buttons.
- Step 6. After getting into fastboot mode connect your device with your windows pc via usb cable and click the unlock button which will appear in Mi Flash unlock toolbar after connecting the device.
- Step 7. After Completing Step 6 wait until a message to appear in the MiFlashUnlock tool bar, after few second you will see a message “unlocked successfully”. Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device.
After unlocking bootloader you have to install TWRP Recovery on your device to root poco f1
How to install TWRP Recovery in poco f1
- Step 1. Download the ADB Fastboot tool in your windows pc and extract the file.
- Step 2. After extracting the file, You have to download twrp.img file in your pc.
- Step 3. After downloading the file you have to Transfer the downloaded twrp.img file into the ADB folder.
- Step 4. Switch on your device, enable USB Debugging by Going to Settings > About Device > Tap the Build Number 7-8 times > Return to Settings > open Developer options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Step 5. Open ADB folder in your PC and Launch the “command.bat” file . Run the command adb devices , if command shows connected devices that means everything is setted well else you have to check the process again.
- Step 6. After that you have to Boot the device to fastboot mode by typing following command:-
adb reboot bootloader
- Step 7. After booting the device to fastboot mode, You have to install twrp by typing following command:-
fastboot flash recovery.
Done you have successfully installed twrp recovery in your device, now you can root your device to install custom roms and root poco f1. You can boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing volume up button + power button at one time.
Now Follow the Root Poco F1 Procedure ( Written above the Unlock bootloader procedure).
If You have successfully rooted your poco f1, Check whether your device rooted or not by installing root checker app from playstore. After successfully Rooting your Xiaomi Poco F1 you can easily install any Custom ROM in your Device and enhance the Software experience of your device. Please comment down below if you are facing any issues in MyGadgetReviewer post of root poco f1.