Redmi Y2 Specifications and Features
How to Root Redmi y2
- A Windows PC.
- Mi Unlock Tool: Download (Source)
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Installation is shown in link)
- ADB USB Drivers (Installation is shown in link)
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi y2: Download
- SuperSU v2.78: Download
Xiaomi Redmi y2 Root Procedures
- Unlocking Bootloader: First you will need to unlock bootloader which will allow you to install custom recovery in your device.
- Installing TWRP : After Unlocking bootloader, you have to install twrp recovery which will allow you to root your device and install custom ROM as well.
- Rooting the device : After installing twrp, you have to install SUPERSU Zip file which will be used to root your device.
How to unlock Xiaomi Redmi y2 Bootloader
Step 1. First you have to go on MiUnlock website then Sign in with your Mi ID and request to unlock bootloader and select the reason for which you are unlocking the bootloader of the device.
Step 2. Second thing you have to do is , sign in with the same Mi ID account which was used in step 1 and log in with your device.
After unlocking bootloader you have to install TWRP Recovery on your device
How to install TWRP Recovery in Redmi y2
Step 3. After downloading the file you have to Transfer the downloaded twrp.img file into the ADB folder.
Step 4. Switch on your device, enable USB Debugging by Going to Settings > About Device > Tap the Build Number 7-8 times > Return to Settings > open Developer options > Enable USB Debugging.
Step 5. Open ADB folder in your PC and Launch the “command.bat” file . Run the command adb devices , if command shows connected devices that means everything is setted well else you have to check the process again.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 7. After booting the device to fastboot mode, You have to install twrp by typing following command:-
fastboot flash recovery
Root Redmi y2 by Installing supersu
Step 1. Download the SuperSu.zip file , and tranfer it to the internal storage of the device.
Step 2. After that boot into twrp recovery.
Step 3. After booting to twrp recovery, tap on install and Select the SuperSu.zip file which you have saved in internal storage.
Step 4. After the installation is completed, Clear Dalvik cache and Cache by tapping wipe section in twrp recovery.
Now you have successfully rooted your Redmi y2, Check whether your device rooted or not by installing root checker app from playstore.